California Association of Sanitation Agencies
CASA is an active participant in the development and implementation of national, state and regional regulations and programs designed to protect water quality. In this role, CASA:
- Provides written comments and testimony on proposed water quality regulations affecting public wastewater agencies.
- Provides assistance to regulatory agencies in the form of technical reports and studies, stakeholder input and participation on task forces and workgroups.
- Educates decision-makers and the public about environmentally sustainable and sound practices that protect water quality.
- Establishes alliances with other stakeholders, including non-governmental organizations, agriculture, industry and universities to advance regulations that are cost effective, scientifically based and protective of the beneficial uses of California's waters.
- Keeps its member agencies informed of current developments and emerging issues that may affect wastewater collection, treatment and water recycling programs.