California Association of Sanitation Agencies
Under the guidance of the Attorneys Committee, CASA furthers the interests of its member agencies through its Legal Affairs program. CASA:
- Provides education and training to its members regarding a broad range of legal issues, including public records, open meeting laws, conflicts of interest and environmental permitting and compliance.
- Prepares legal analyses and memoranda to address questions of statutory and regulatory interpretation.
- Supports furtherance of important legal rights and principles through friend-of-the-court briefs in key state and federal cases.
- Protects the interests of its members through strategic participation in litigation where there is the potential to yield significant benefits or to avoid burdens upon local wastewater agencies.
- Maintains an e-library of legal resource materials on a broad variety of topics for use by member agency counsel.