California Association of Sanitation Agencies
- The highly treated, safe, nutrient-rich, organic material derived from the wastewater treatment process that can be, and is, beneficially recycled.
CASA's Biosolids Program was launched in 2003 to provide proactive biosolids industry leadership in the State of California. The mission of the Biosolids Program is to:
- Promote environmentally sound recycling of biosolids.
- Foster cooperation among governmental agencies, regulators, private corporations, the agricultural community, and the general public in the management of biosolids.
- Develop and maintain a system of sharing up-to-date, accurate, science-based biosolids information with CASA member agencies, local, state and federal regulatory agencies, and the general public.
- Sponsor and/or support university research to develop knowledgeable stakeholders, and to respond to questions and concerns about biosolids.
- Help avoid county biosolids recycling land application bans, and help members minimize biosolids management costs while advocating environmentally sound biosolids practices that benefit the people of California.